Your privacy is important to us, and so is being transparent about how we collect, use, and share information about you.
This policy is intended to help you understand which information we collect about you whenever you use our travel related services, or otherwise interact with Gallivant Travel via our Contact Us website communication.
This policy also explains your choices about how we use information about you. Your choices include how you can object to certain uses of information about you and how you can access and update certain information about you.
If you do not agree with this policy, do not use our Travel related Services or interact with any other aspect of our business.
(1) What personal information will we ask you for?
We collect information about you only when you provide it to us, and/or when you use our travel services. This will include contact details so that we may provide information back to you and create holiday travel quotes.
(2) What do we use this information for?
How we use the information we collect depends in part on which Services you use, how you use them, and any preferences you have communicated to us. Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect about you
For quotes: we use your details to provide you with the information requested and to be able to pass this information on to you.
For marketing purposes: We DO NOT generally use email for marketing purposes but we may on occasions use this information to keep informed about our products and services as well as future events and special offers that we think you will be interested in. (ex: post you a Welcome Home letter or email/post you Christmas or Thank you cards). This may be based on your travel preferences where appropriate. You can opt out of these marketing postal or email communication by simply asking us to remove yourself from the list at any time.
Please get in touch with us using the details at the bottom of this policy if you would like us to remove your details from our customer records entirely.
For bookings: We use your data for contact purposes, to prepare quotes and book holiday arrangements according to your requirements including your payment, flight, holiday, security, incident/accident management or insurance, etc.In order for you to travel abroad, it may be mandatory to disclose and process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. Many countries & airlines will only permit travel and allow boarding if you provide your API (Advance Passenger Data). These requirements may differ depending on your destination and you are advised to check beforehand. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate.
It may sometimes be necessary to collect personal data that may be considered Special Assistance or Special dietary requirements (e.g. mobility assistance, health, religion) to cater to your needs or act in your interest. We will only be able to accept this data for booking purposes with your consent.
With your consent: We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish testimonials or featured customer stories to promote our Travel related Services, but we will only do so with your prior consent or permission.
(3) Lawful Basis For Using your Personal Data in this way:Contract: We use the personal information provided because you have asked for something to be done e.g. for some information to be sent or a quote.
Contract: The processing is necessary in relation to a contract you have entered into for a holiday or other arrangement or because you have asked for something to be done e.g. a flight, hotel, car hire, travel insurance or travel arrangements related enquiry and/or quote.
Consent: If it is necessary to process sensitive personal information in relation to your request (e.g. relating to health or religion) we will obtain your consent to collect this data and to share it with suppliers when necessary.
Legitimate Interest: If you have requested any of our services e.g. A quote, registered for attendance at one of our events or requested an informational download, we would like to keep in touch about our products and services. If you do not want to receive any further information on forthcoming events, destination news and special offers, no problem. Just let us know using the contact details above or use the unsubscribe option on our emails.
(4) What happens if you do not provide this Personal Information?
If you do not wish to supply us with this information, it will not be possible for us to answer your enquiry
(5) Who do we share your data with?
- WE WILL NEVER SHARE YOUR DATA WITH OTHER COMPANIES FOR MARKETING PURPOSES. NOR WILL WE SELL OR RENT YOUR DATA TO THIRD PARTIES.
- No 3rd parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so.
- In the case of a confirmed booking, please be informed that we must pass it to suppliers of your travel arrangements, including airlines, hotels and transport companies; we may also supply it to public authorities such as customs and immigration. When you make this booking, you consent to this information being passed to the relevant people. We will let you know who we need to share your information with at the time of booking.
(6) How long do we keep your data for?
Personal data that we process via this website for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
We will retain your personal data as follows:
(a) Personal data supplied for the purposes of a holiday enquiry or quote will be retained for a minimum period relating to the valid date of a quote and for a maximum period of the length of our business relationship.
(b) Data supplied for the purposes of general enquiries will be kept until the enquiry has been satisfactorily answered.
(c) Personal details attached to your booking will remain on our booking system invoices and be retained in accordance with the law relating to income tax and audit purposes.We do not retain any payment card details.
(7) How do we keep your data safe?
No system is guaranteed 100% secure but we have taken the appropriate precautions to safeguard your data wherever possible.
- Our Website is hosted on highly secure data servers with dedicated firewall protection.
- We only use GDPR compliant third party service processors for helping us to manage tasks (such as sending you an email reply). We disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
- Enquiries made via our holiday search or offers pages are processed securely by third party software hosted on highly secure UK data servers.
- We have taken all reasonable steps and have in place appropriate security measures to protect your information. We use security measures such as password protected access to our in- house computer systems, data sharing agreements with joint controllers e.g. Tour Operators and processing contracts with our software providers.
- We store your personal details securely on our Select Software (Profit2 version) hosted on UK servers and protected by password access.
(8) Do we transfer your personal information and what safeguards are in place?
Our website uses an expert third party processor which securely deliver your website enquiries to us. Your information will be processed via their servers and secured in line with GDPR requirements under their EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. A processor agreement is in place to protect the privacy of your data.
As a travel company it is sometimes necessary for us (or our suppliers) to send your data to countries outside the EEA and outside the EC list of countries deemed to have adequate levels of Data Protection for international transfers of data in order to fulfil your booking. Please ask if you have any concerns.
We disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
(9) Do we collect any other information from you?
If you have questions or concerns about how your information is handled, please direct your inquiry to Gallivant Travel, as set out below:
3 Market Place, Ingatestone, Essex, CM4 0BY
E-Mail: [email protected]